Monday, August 19, 2013

Telling Time 2

It's the size of my wallet.  No, slimmer; shiny silver like something out of Ray Bradbury.  I plug it into my USB port, and I can back up my life: everything I've collected over the past ten years.  10 years of photographs (what a different person I was then- looking over, I only recognize parts of him.  Or I just recognize parts of him that have been added to to form the weird amalgamation I am now).  10 years of music: the songs that used to mean so much, that I barely listen to anymore because I now think they're corny.  10 years of poems- no, even more than that.  And they all go into this little silver box.  They could go three times over into this little silver box.  Life through a USB cord.

I know it sounds like one of those "new technology moves so fast" things, but I have these memories of big, boxy monitors with only 2 colors...  My family's first PC...

No comments:

Post a Comment