Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The morning after the rant.

A friend of mine referrred me to a talk that John Cleese gave on his method to be creative: foremost among his tips were allowing oneself time and space for your mind to rest up against a problem.  Now that I have some time and space, I thought I was lacking a problem.  But no- even in the midst of what was supposed to be a celebration last night, I found myself completely angry at the world.  And myself.  I realized I have not only strayed from the path of the light- I'm not sure I was ever really on it.  It's just a path.  I have no idea where it leads.  And as time went on, my eyes drifted from my surroundings and just looked down at my feet.  I have forgotten how to properly live in this place.  I have forgotten all spirit.  But it's a place to start- and now, for the first time in a long time, I have some time and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment